The UK’s most talented database professionals working across our range of database technologies.
Maximise the return from your database investment with a service capability that adds value through the full lifecycle
Whether you’re looking to design a new data model for a NoSQL implementation, need a performance health check on your Oracle deployment or require SQL Server consulting services to help with migration to a cloud platform such as Azure, our team are here to support you when you need us most. Our core skill set covers the following technologies:
Just wanted to say thanks for the proactive approach you have taken in delivering our database environment review.
Great customer service and exactly what we need from our expert DBA partner.
A point-in-time review of your database deployment can be invaluable to ensure that all databases are optimised and problem areas are identified. Typically our consultants will conduct a review of the deployment over 2-3 days before delivering a detailed report with a clear plan of recommendations and areas of improvement.
- Problem investigation
- Best practice review
- Capacity/scaling planning
- Licencing governance
- Disaster Recovery Testing
- Security review
Choosing the right technology and developing a well-designed database model and architecture at the beginning of a project is key to achieving better performance, uptime, scalability, simplified queries and optimisation of the infrastructure deployment for your application.
Typically delivered through on-site workshops our core modules include:
- Technology Options Review
- Database/Schema Modelling
- Database Architecture
- Recoverability Considerations
- Platform Options
Use one of our experienced database consultants to fully implement and configure your database deployment.
This service provides a vendor best practice installation that is tuned to your application and unique business requirements.
- Database installation
- Database configuration
- Database configuration optimisation
- Security hardening
- Performance testing
- Service continuity testing
- Technical training/hand-off
The performance of your database directly impacts the performance of your application and user experience. Our Performance Tuning service highlights any issues in the full technology stack, ensuring the most effective use of infrastructure resources which is key to ensuring cloud costs don’t spiral out of control.
- Performance source diagnosis
- Database configuration vs best practice
- Query and index structure
- Infrastructure analysis
- Scaling (vertical/horizontal)
- Business objectives
Migrating existing production databases to the cloud can prove incredibly problematic. Our highly-experienced consultants will plan and execute one of our proven migration methodologies ensuring consistency of data and service performance, whilst minimising downtime and risk.
- Pre-migration benchmark testing
- Best practice installation and image build
- Data migration
- Scaling & DevOps configuration
- Security hardening and encryption
- Multi-cloud disaster recovery
- EC2 & Azure database specialists
Database environments are constantly evolving and there’s opportunity to modernise for improved performance, scalability & cost efficiency. We’re experts in transformation strategies with typical projects including:
- SQL Server / Oracle / MySQL to Azure SQL migration
- MongoDB to Cosmos DB migration
- Enterprise deployment of Couchbase
- Modernisation of SSIS & ETL processes
- Data Warehouse design & data modelling
- Data Warehouse / Data Lake modernisation with Databricks